Total views: 567
WHAT WAS HOT ABOUT THE MOBO AWARDS
1. Mel B. She looked FINE!!!!!!
2. Robbo Ranx’s acceptance speech for Mavado.
3. Trevor Nelson winning best Radio DJ.
Trev is the most powerful man in Urban radio, he has a show on 3 different radio stations; Radio 1, Radio 2, 1xtra. Big up Trev!
4. Being in the same room as Grace Jones. She is a legend.
5. Chipmunk picking up an award for best newcomer.
Big up Baff, Vash, and Vertex!
WHAT WASN’T HOT ABOUT THE MOBOS
1. Monster Munch
There was no food served at the tables. They had Doritos and Monster Munch……..Monster Munch. Thats kinda degrading.
C’mon guys, theres a Nandos round the corner at least get some Chicken wings in.
2. Tim Westwood getting booed.
He’s a pioneer, whether you like him or not, no one deserves that kind of treatment.
3. Craig David doing a cover version.
Sisqo being played on the red carpet as people enter the venue.
Sisqo isn’t cool. It wasn’t even ‘Thong Song’.
5. My acceptance speech for Dizzee Rascal.
After several no shows from Mavado, Chris Brown, Leona Lewis, etc. the crowd was booing hard, so when I went on stage I wasn’t having a bar of it, I wasn’t trying to get get booed by anyone. Sinita got it hard!
I had to get a bit aggy like I was in a rave when I collected the award. I did plan for it to be a lot smoother and ‘nice’, but hey….there was no booing when I was on stage, not on my shift!